SPARKING SOUND AND BURNING FLOOR: PART OF D-BLOCK EXPERIENCES POWER-CUT
– Titus Adekunle, ABH Press
A wing of the Ground floor of D-block might be experiencing a blackout for an uncertain period of time on grounds of electrical malfunction.
This followed the report of loud continuous sparking sound that was heard from about 3 a.m on Friday. The floor about 1 metre away from the source of the sound was also quite warm. The heat was also felt in the floor of the adjacent room. It has been suggested that one of the underground power conduits was sparking and caused the cable to burn up.
The attention of the Defence Minister and former floor rep, Mr Obinwanne Enemuo was drawn to the occurrence and he hinted the porters. The porters then turned off the power to the block at about 4 a.m
The power-cut has since been restricted to the affected wing of the ground floor. This denies the corridor of the wing, 7 rooms and the kitchenette of power supply.