JUST TAKE A BREAK; BREATHE
Have you ever found yourself in situations where it seems as if you may very well break, because somehow you just can’t seem to catch a break and take a breath?
One moment you are walking but then you realize you have to fly because something else somewhere requires your attention as well, only, you have no wings and walk you must.
And then it gets to a point where you become a slave to time, with so many trigger points, a head that won’t stop aching and mood that slashes.
Bits by bits you begin to lose yourself, running into your well created space existing only in your imaginations for escape, leaving nothing but your shadow.
At this point your physical state is not pleasing to a healthy eye, let alone a sore eye, but more than your physical state, your mental state is brought to question.
You most likely have been there or at least half way there. Take a break and breathe, easier said than done as you won’t always find yourself in situations where you can take a break.
However, here are some tips on how to take a break without actually going on a break;
1. Exercise; this reduces the production of stress hormones such as cortisol and releases endorphins which act as natural painkillers as help improve mood. It also improves the quality of sleep thereby helping to manage stress.
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake.
3. keep a diary/journal; writing things down can be a form of stress relief.
4.Maintain good relationships with family and friends.
5. Laugh as often as you can.
6. Say No to stressors: take on only as much as you can handle and say no to those you can’t handle.
7. Get involved in Yoga and meditation.
8. Take deep breaths.
9. Do not procrastinate: own your time and properly manage it.
10. Listen to good soothing music.
11. Get enough sleep.
12. Talk with a trusted person.
Just take a break to breathe, lest you break.