AMVCA 2018: The Best and Worst
-By Chinedu Nwaduru
The red carpet was set ablaze on Saturday, September 1, with a host of elegant and gorgeous celebs who graced the 6th edition of the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards at the Eko Hotel and Suites, Victoria Island Lagos.
Quite possibly the most glamorous and ostentatious night on the Nigerian social calendar, the AMVCA is our equivalent of the Oscars and our celebrities always make sure that they dress accordingly. Even though everyone brings their A-game, only a select few make it onto the best dressed lists. And a few others, well lets just say not everyone has proper wardrobe for the right occasion!
Take a look at some of the best dressed for the occasion:
- Cee-C shone in a custom Lanre Da Silva piece.
- Rita Dominic was everything out of this world in a custom made Tubo dress styled by The Style Infidel.
- Dakore had a very interesting outfit of the night. This mixed-print dress is unlike anything we have seen before and we love it. The dress fit is absolutely perfect and that quirky butterfly detailing is a great final touch.
- Omotola Jalade
- Fathia Balogun
And the men:
- Williams Uchemba
- Uti Nwachukwu
- Alex Ekubo, Yomi Casual, IK Ogbonna
And the others that caught the eye:
- Sika Osei was stunning in a mustard creation by Fablane By Derin
And some of the WORST Dressings of the event: