ABH’S Dinner and Awards Ceremony: Edwin Cole bags five awards, ABH Press Emerges as Press Board of the Year
By Chinedu Nwaduru, ABH PRESS
It all came to spectacular end for the 60th Alexander Brown Hall Week on Saturday, April 27, with her closing dinner and awards ceremony.
The event which held at the Apex Event Centre witnessed the celebration of the hall as well as her residents who were nominated and voted in over 35 categories of awards.
Although the turnout of the event was not quite laudable, with many of the banquet tables and chairs largely empty, and the programme starting remarkably behind schedule – those in attendance were treated to a night to superfluous meals, good music and well mannered frivolities.
Taking the lead at the helm of the awards was Edwin Cole, 600 level, Medicine and Surgery who was nominated for and won all 5 awards including GentleMan of the Year, Most Sought After (Male Category), Most Friendly Brownite – and even ousted the Hall Chairman as the Most Popular Brownite of the Year.
Other notable award were
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Segun Oniyide (Segun Flames)
- Best Executive of the Year – Silas Okafor (Information Minister)
- Press Board of the Year – ABH PRESS
- Organization of the Year – The Forum
- Chef of the Year – Chinedu Nwaduru
- Power Couple of the Year – Edwin Cole and Bolu Ikwunne
- Most Sought After (Female Category) – Eniola Olajide
- Best Dressed (Female Category) – Mayowa Adefuye
- Bookworm – Tunde-Alao Tobi
- Reading Room Major – Tochukwu Enemuo
- Most Participatory Brownite – Adegbaju Francis
- TV Room Major – Abiodun Taiwo
- Politician of the Year – Bodunrin Ogeleyinbo
- Most Versatile – Chinedu Nwaduru
- Most Talented – Adeyemi Ayomide
- Voice of the Street – Ernesto Dibia
- Turn Up Queen – Titilayo Faulkner
- Turn Up King – Adegbaju Francis
- Big, Bold and Beautiful – Oritsema Akinola
- Hour Glass – Iretenevesho Obaitan
- Ribs Cracker (Akpororo) – Echezona Ndunwere
- Mr Macho – Imri Adefokun
- Owambe Major – Nifemi Fadugbagbe
With Marvey Decor setting the venue with an ambience of purple and gold for the “Royalé” theme with revolving lights to add to the radiance – Brownites were treated to Bankylola’s Small Chops for Appetizer, Jollof and Fried Rice, Ofada Rice, Pounded Yam (Egusi Soup) with Chicken and Chips for Main Dish; wrapped with cakes and ice-cream delight for dessert- with Brownites having more than enough to munch and digest at once.
Highlights of the events included the Karaoke, Marvel games as well as the Boys versus Girls challenge, with Ruqaayah, Emmanuella, Onyedika and Quayyum crowned as best dressed for the event.; with DJ Sexcy engaging the audience with soft and hard beats to their delight.
Speaking with some of the people who were present at the event, they expressed their joy at the planning and execution.
“The turnout wasn’t so great, and at first it seemed like it was all going to flop…but it picked up in the end and it was great one. Kudos to the team”
“I had so much to eat and drink! I’m legit glad people didn’t turn up for the event…so much food for us all”
“I commend Moyo and her team, they really tried to keep the tempo. Going around checking on every table and ensuring that everyone was happy. A big welldone to her team and the executives. They have done well”
“UADS and UIMSA gave ABH a tough time with the timing of their weeks, especially UIMSA.. To be able to do this after the UIMSA Dinner is quite commendable. ABH Dinner guys all tried”
On an average, the dinner was rated between 5 to 6 out of ten, with Brownites complaining majorly about the late start of the events.
In the end, it was a great way to end the weeklong activities. A big well done to the Dinner Committee and the Hall Executive Council
…Official pictures coming soon